Aidro is at Fluid Power&Systems in Birmingham to present Metal 3D Printing in Hydraulics.
Beside its traditional production of hydraulic component and blocks, Aidro has introduced Additive Manufacturing to produce innovative hydraulic manifolds to take advantage of the benefits of 3D printing, such as lightweight, space saving, complex forms, fast prototyping. Moreover, with its expertise in Additive Manufacturing, Aidro can design and develop new projects for a wide range of applications, including oil & gas sector.
In the photo, a comparison between the traditional Aidro manifold for mobile application and a redesigned version produced with a metal 3D printer machine. This manifold has exactly the same function as his predecessor : it controls a doubled acting cylinder with two solenoids valves and two pilot operated check valves. The complete new solution reached a 75% weight reduction and half size dimensions compared to the traditional manifold.
The main advantages of Additive Manufacturing in Hydraulics solutions are the followings:
- compactness and fitting with smaller space available
- reduce the number of assembling parts
- optimize the performance thanks to curved connecting channels and elimination of 90°degrees intersection angles
- more complex shapes at no extra cos
- rapid prototyping
- eliminate the leakage from auxiliary drilling and plugging that normally are required in traditional manufacturing
Alberto Tacconelli, Aidro Managing Director, will take a speech about hydraulic applications of 3D printing, in the Knowledge Hub, on April 12th, 2018 at 2.30 pm
Visit Aidro at stand AF1406, Hall 8 in NEC Birminghan April 10-12, 2018